Fairhaven Farm Plant Sale
Saturday, May 28th - 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Fairhaven Farm - 5818 Munger Shaw Rd, Saginaw, MN 55779
Join us for our Fairhaven Farm Plant Sale. Now is your chance to cultivate your home garden and get the best starter plants to make it flourish.
Take advantage of this one-day event, by visiting the farm in person and peruse our large variety of seedlings. Your farmers, John and Emily Beaton, along with the Fairhaven crew, will be available to answer questions and assist where needed.
We are also providing two (2) FREE demonstrations from local farmers and experts in their fields. They will both be available to answer questions throughout the event.
- Ted Johnson, a permaculture expert with Blue Forest Plants, will be onsite with a selection of cold-hardy and locally propagated perennial fruit and berries. He will be demonstrating the 'sheet mulching' technique to prepare the ground for establishing new perennial plantings.
- Charlie Danielson, a fungi expert and co-founder of Up North Farm and Restoration, will be demonstrating the inoculation of poplar logs with edible oyster mushrooms. These logs will also be for purchase to grow your own mushrooms at home.
Our pre-orders are now closed. If you already made your order we will have it set aside at the Fairhaven Farm Plant Sale.
Where else can you find Fairhaven Farm seedlings and produce?
- Duluth Farmers Market: Now - June 25th; Wed (2:00-5:00 PM) & Sat (8:00 AM-12:00 PM)
- Whole Foods Coop: Now - June 30th at Denfeld and Hillside locations
- Natural Harvest Food Coop: Now in Virginia, MN
- Duluth Community Garden Plant & Seed Sale: Sat, June 4th (10:00 AM-2:00 PM)
- Whole Foods Coop 'Tomato Time' Virtual Class: Thurs, June 2nd (6:00 PM-7:30 PM) FREE Online Event
About Our Plants
We have been growing over 150 varieties of vegetable, herb, and flower plants for home gardeners and small-scale farmers in our uniquely-designed greenhouses. All of our seeds are started on site so we can certify that they are nurtured with care and grown with the best methods up until the moment they leave our farm.
Our goal is to produce the best, healthiest, most vigorous, garden-ready plants possible. That's why we pick northern-hardy varieties, grow according to organic standards, use the best organic potting mix available, and source organic and non-GMO seeds. We keep the purity of our plants intact by never applying any harmful chemicals and are proud to use biodegradable pots for our seedlings. Our plants are beneficial for people, beneficial for pollinators, and beneficial for the planet!